Maxxis Shorty Folding 3C Exo Tubeless Ready WideTrail 27.5″ MTB Tyre 27.5″x2.50″
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
The DH version of the Maxxis Shorty was an instant favorite of our World Cup DH racers.
The single-ply version offers trail riders the same traction in a much lighter package. All trail versions of the Shorty feature our Tubeless Ready casing and 3C MaxxTerra compound. EXO sidewall protection is available as an option for each size.
- Mid-spike tread design
- Conditions: Loose, Mud, Wet
- Cornering Control: 1 2 3 4
- Rolling Efficiency: 1 2 3 4
- TPI: 60
- Bead: Foldable
- Ply Construction: Single
- Compound: 3C Maxx Terra
- Max PSI: 60
- Tech: Tubeless Ready, EXO
- 3C Maxx Terra: An intermediate compound configuration used in select mountain tyres. 3C Maxx Terra is softer and offers more traction than 3C Maxx Speed, yet gives better treadwear and less rolling resistance than Maxx Grip.
- Tubeless Ready: Tubeless tyres give the rider with many benefits: the ability to run lower air pressures, which improves traction; lower rolling resistance when compared to a tube-type tyre; and less chance of flatting since there is no tube. Maxxis Tubeless Ready (TR) tyres provide the benefits of a UST tubeless tyre without the weight penalty. Our TR tyres use a standard casing and require the use of a liquid sealant in order to make them airtight
- EXO: An extremely cut-resistant and abrasion-resistant material added to the sidewalls of select mountain tyres. This densely woven fabric is also lightweight and highly flexible, ensuring that the performance of the tyre remains unaffected. Choose EXO Protection for exceptionally rocky, treacherous trails where the chance of sidewall cuts and abrasions is high.